Life > Experiences

Top Ten Halloween Things To Do In Philadelphia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It is not always easy to do something on Halloween day, especially when it falls on a weekday. However, it is important to commemorate the spooky season with some engaging activities. Here is a list of 10 things to celebrate All Hallows’ Eve.

1. Journey to the Upside Down at a Beer Garden – The event goes until Monday, October 31, 2022, and is a great weekend activity for adults. The Uptown Beer Garden in Center city is doing a Halloween revamp with the theme of Strangers Things. This spooky place also has themed drinks and food at the bar for any visitors.
  2. Join the Hellfire Club at Taqueria Amor – This event goes on Monday, October 31, 2022, in Manayunk. This is another Stranger Things Halloween pop-up with 7 inspired specialty cocktails. Another great place for adults to go and relish the Halloween season.
  3. Scarecrows in the Village at Peddler’s Village – An event that goes until Monday, October 31, 2022. This is an event where scarecrows are placed all over the village that ranges from silly to spooky to scary as a part of a local annual competition which visitors vote on while they shop and dine in the village.
  4. Lincoln Mill Haunted House – An event from October 6 to October 31, 2022, in Manayunk. This haunted mill is based on the story of bodies being discovered here, it now has live scares and a production set to recreate the interactive and unsettling events that occurred here 100 years ago. The cost of tickets starts at $29.
  5. Craftsman Row Saloon – An event that goes until Monday, October 31, 2022, at the saloon. This is a new Halloween pop-up that will be the delight of all food lovers in the Philadelphia area. There will be Halloween-themed food served like pumpkin mac and cheese, mummy dogs, munster bun, and witch’s chicken sandwich. As well as specialty cocktails like candy corn martini, boogie manhattan, and pumpkin king martini which is served in a pumpkin. This is a great lunch or dinner place for adults to get together during Halloween.
  6. Boo at the Zoo – A weekend event through Halloween at the Philadelphia Zoo. This is a cute celebration for families, where kids can dress up and trick-or-treat throughout the zoo. There are seasonal festivities like a pumpkin wall, fall drinks like hot cider, children’s activities, and photo opportunities to make this a great family field trip. The cost of tickets starts at $24.
  7. Assembly Rooftop Lounge – This event goes until November 1st at the lounge. This is another place for adults to indulge in the Halloween spirit. There are themed cocktails like Hocus Pocus or Poison Apple being served. The venue is decorated for Halloween, has scary movies playing, and allows for a panoramic view of the city leaving many photo opportunities. A great event for adults to relax and have a good time.
  8. PumpkinLand at Linvilla Orchards – An event that goes on until November 6, 2022. This is a great family event not just for Halloween but also for fall. There are activities for the daytime like straw mazes, hayrides, corn mazes, face painting, pony rides, playland, visiting barn animals, and pumpkin picking. Activities like autumn moon hayrides and witch’s hayrides are a way to have a more ghostly end to the night. There are also places to eat, like Farm Market and Garden Center, Linvilla Grill and Cafe, and Bottom Beer Garden. This event can be an all-day and night family event to enjoy the Halloween season.
  9. Halloween Nights at the Eastern State Penitentiary – This event goes on from September 23 to November 12, 2022, giving you ample time to experience and if you enjoy it go back. This, in my opinion, is the best option for those who enjoy exploring haunted and creepy places. During this experience, you will be able to go to various haunted houses like Delirium, Machine Shop, the Crypt. Nightmares, and/or Big Top Terror which uses special effects, animatronics, custom props, and hundreds of performers to scare anyone entering. The cost of tickets starts at $34.
  10. Philadelphia’s Ghost Tours – This event is available year-round: in November open every night, and from December open on the weekends. This is a candlelight walking tour around Independence National Park, Old City, and Society Hill where there is an abundance of haunted houses, graveyards, and spooky tales present. The tickets cost $24 per person but can vary for group or private tours.

All of these events can allow you to have a spookier and more memorable Halloween season with friends and family. 

Vrunda Raj

Jefferson '27

A writer who hopes to inspire and inform people with her words and thoughts. I enjoy writing about food, current world events, research topics and a multitude of other subjects.