This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

t’s that time of the year again, where the leaves start changing, hot coffee tastes better, and scary movie season has come upon us. There is nothing like sitting around with a couple of friends, all wearing cozy clothes, covered in blankets when all the lights are off, and the scary movie on the night starts to play. Here is a list of my Top 5 Must- Watch Halloween movies for the perfect scare!

1. The Sixth Sense by M. Night Shyamalan

This movie is perfect for those who want to be thrilled, and a little scared. If you’ve never seen this movie before, it is set in South Philadelphia, which is perfect if you go to school in Philly, because it adds that extra creepiness! The ending of this movie takes a drastic turn, and who doesn’t love little Joel Osment?

2. Scream (1996)

This movie is a throwback, and although it isn’t too scary, it has a different take than most scary movies. Finally, a woman who fights her killer back, with a crazy plot twist, and some crazy deaths. This movie is perfect to watch if you want to be scared but not too scared. Also, Skeet Ulrich is such a hunk.

3. Us (2019) by Jordan Peele

If you have yet to see this movie, I promise you, you will be scared. Jordan Peele takes this movie to a new psychological thriller level, and creates a movie where the main characters fear themselves- or “the tethered.” I don’t want to write too much about this movie, simply because it is too good and I don’t want to spoil anything!

4. The Conjuring Universe/Insidious Series

These movies were created based off of The Warren’s, a couple who investigated demonic hauntings back in the day. The Conjuring series contains the Conjuring movie 1 and 2. While the Insidious series contains 4 movies. The Warren couple helps navigate the movies in both of the series, and once you start them, you won’t be able to stop until you finish all the movies. Very scary, and I recommend you don’t watch alone. Definitely say a prayer before you watch and after, personally I was spooked for days.

5. The Babadook

For me, this movie is the cherry on top of the sundae. I mean, this movie is terrifying. Not gory, but truly freaky. Especially, because this poor kid is just trying to get away from his own fear of monsters, but it turns out there is something way more sinister happening in his home. Totally a must-watch scary movie that will leave you frightened, with a perfect twist.

Jordan Greco

Jefferson '22

Hello, my name is Jordan! I am a nursing student who loves the beach, music, and cheesesteaks!