TikTok Trend: The Soldier, the Poet, and the King

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

There’s been a TikTok trend lately that’s centered around the song by The Oh Hellos that talks about a poet, a king, and a soldier and what they do for or around the kingdom. With this, there’s been a new personality test that allows users to see which role they are. The quiz asks emotional questions to gain insight on how you’d react to the situations. A lot of people aim to be the poet, but the saying goes ‘everyone wants to be the poet, except for the poet’. Many of users are shocked to find out that they’re the king, and that they bear a crown because who else will? The soldier is also a surprise and has made users question and think about themselves in a new light.

In order to take the quiz you can simply search up ‘soldier, poet, and king test’ and the search result from uQuiz.com will have it! At the end of the quiz it’ll have a description of what each role represents, but for some extra fun and interpretations you can join the TikTok discussion where everyone is buzzing about the topic.

Happy quizzing and be prepared to be called out!

Diamond Porter

Jefferson '25

I’m Diamond, a fashion design major at Thomas Jefferson University set to graduate in 2025. I sew, paint, draw, and design and I’m interested in owning my own business and clothing line or becoming a professional stylist!