This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Women are powerful beings. The majority of the people I have looked up to and continue to look to today are women. Not many people understand the countless battles women had to fight in history to get to where we are today. And even today in 2023 we are still making progress. In my Topics in American Studies class, we just started a new unit that opens with the fights for women’s equality in the late 1800s. Some of these stories are upsetting and can be hard to read, but because of the brave women in our history books fighting for our civil rights, we are able to be the women we are today. That being said, there is still so much work to do for women’s equality, but the movement is more powerful now than it ever was before. This March, and every March to come for the rest of time, celebrating the incredible women in our lives is extremely important to come together and move forward with what us women can do. Her Campus knows how important it means to be a woman, and it’s even more important that you do too.

My name is Haley Rymarkiewicz and I am currently a Pre-Med Student at Thomas Jefferson University. In my free time, I love reading, dancing, painting, and listening to music. One fun fact about me is that I am the oldest of five siblings!