This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

I don’t know about you but I know that my mom is my best friend. I realize that sounds cliche and probably an overused word but I can say with complete confidence that it’s true. My mother, Jessica, inspires and motivates me on a daily basis. There is no one in the world like her and as I grow older, I realize how truly blessed I am. I am so unbelievably lucky to have her as my guide and role model. Recently she has been making bounds and personal gains to improve herself and those around her and I couldn’t be more proud. Since graduating college, my mother has done it all. She was a pharmaceutical representative but took a step back when she started a family with my dad. She lost a child, my brother, to Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a degenerative muscular disease and faced the greatest tribulation of her life. Of course, it devastated and wrecked my family but did not destroy us. My parents, being the amazing individuals they are started a nonprofit to raise money in hopes of finding a cure one day. My mother serves as a pillar of support to other families going through similar situations. She is sunshine and serves an example for all. Along with being a support system for others, she has been a personal trainer and fitness instructor for years. She continued to educate and better herself by becoming a certified life coach. Her main focus now- empowering women and helping them grow and maintain a purposeful life. She is a jack of all trades and is always fundraising and getting involved in our local community. I always joke around with her saying- “you don’t know how to say no to people!” But in reality she is the most selfless person who would do anything to help someone. Recently she has made a bold step and has expanded her business. She bought her own space to continue to grow and flourish her passions. Here she will continue to teach classes, coach her clients, hold seminars and events and do what she does best- inspire and motivate others. She deserves the world! Not only does my mom drive me as a future professional and business woman- but intrinsically. Most mornings she sends me inspirational quotes and readings to start my day on a positive note. She always knows how to cheer me up and make me focus on the little things in life. We talk each day and sometimes it’s hard to be away from her but I know she is a call away. I know my family and I are always her number one priority despite her crazy schedule. As I’ve aged people have started telling me how similar I am to her. With a comparison like that, I am honored. I aspire to be even half of the amazing women she is in every way. We may not always see eye to eye and get in arguments but I know that she is always in my corner. She supports me in all of my endeavors and pushes me to be a better person even when I push back. I thank you mom and dad, from the bottom of my heart, for all that you do and sacrifice to provide our family with everything.Thank you mom for being my best friend, role model, and most of all, my hero. I encourage you to take the time to tell your parents or whoever how much they mean to you and how much you love them.

Isobel Moyer

Jefferson '22

I am a Physician Assistant Major at Jefferson University. Lover of music, fitness, planet earth, activism, and coffee!