This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Name: Tessa Nykanen

Age: 19

Year: Freshman

Major: Environmental Sustainability

Hometown: Royersford, PA

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio 

3 Words to Describe Yourself: Outgoing, Optimistic, Caring

Hobbies: Traveling, Snowboarding

Favorite Spot in Philly: Penns Landing, Hammock Park

Favorite Restaurant in Manayunk: Lucky’s Last Chance

Life Goals: To have a nice apartment in the city and the ability to travel the world whenever I want.

Dream Job: Environmental Consultant

Favorite Movie: Friday Night Lights

Song of the Week: I love all music!! Can’t choose a favorite.

Favorite Thing You Did This Summer: I went on a road trip with my friends and family.

What’s it like being a freshman on the PhilaU Women’s Soccer Team and becoming CACC Champions? It’s unreal. This team is so unbelievably talented and bring the underdogs of this tournament made it that much better. We surprised so many people. We also got past the first round of the NCAA divison II tournament, and we’re making history. Together. It could not be any better. As a freshman, we now know what this team is capable of doing and it’s our job to carry this mentality, attitude, and drive for the rest of our future years playing for this team.

I am a sophomore Fashion Merchandising and Management major. Along with contributing to PhilaU's HerCampus, I am a member of Fashion Industries Association and captain of the Philau varsity volleyball team. I love music and I love to dance, & I may have an addiction to Instagram and online shopping. If you don't find me either outside or reading a good book/magazine, you may find me watching TV (too many shows to keep count). My dream is to become a buyer for a large retail company in New York City, & to contribute even a little to a magazine on the side would be the complete package.