Super Bowl 50 Report: Who Watches the Super Bowl Anyway?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Super Bowl 50 took place in Santa Clara, California with the Carolina Panthers against the Denver Broncos. The game began with the Broncos loosing the coin toss and got the ball first, little did anyone know that this was going to be the start to the end of the game. It was a very ugly and unexciting game, the Broncos got the longest punt return in Super Bowl history in the second quarter when Jordan Norwood retuned a kick 61 yards to the Panthers 14- yard line.  The final score was Denver Broncos 24- Carolina Panthers- 10. 

For many people the commercials and the half time show is the only real reason why they enjoy the Super Bowl. This year, personally I had no interest in the game, I don’t like either of the teams, but I had a Super Bowl party to attend and had to support Queen B, aka Bae, Coldplay and Bruno Mars. 

The best 2016 Super Bowl commercials in my book were the Doritios- Doritios Dogs commercial- there was a grocery story that would not allow dogs inside but the dogs disguised themselves as a human to get the Doritios, it was very cute! 

Heinz’s Wiener Stampede commercial- there were multiple wiener dogs, running with hot dog buns over their body and they leaped on humans dressed up as the different flavored Heinz products.

The Hyundai’s First Date commercial featuring Kevin Hart in it. This commercial was very funny, a boy rang on the door bell to take a girl out and her father (Kevin Hart) gave the boy permission to use his car, which had a tracker on it. He could see where the two were going the whole time. It was silly, but who doesn’t love Kevin Hart?

Overall, the commercials go down in the books for being a few of my favorites! 

I'm a fourth year Professional Communications major, Founder and Co-Correspondent of the Philadelphia University Her Campus Chapter, Events Director of PhilaU Radio-WPHU and a First Year Peer Mentor. Home for me is South Jersey. I like spend time in Ocean City, take pictures and spend time with my friends adventuring and finding new places to get lost in. Sushi, beer and romantic comedies are my guilty pleasures.