Spiked Spooks and Creepy Cocktails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

This Halloween, like any other, the freaks come out at night and so does the booze!  Whether it’s for a party or scary movie night, Halloween themed drinks are a great spooky touch to any gathering.  If you love mixing up concoctions as much as I do, you’ll love these drinks.  Don’t be afraid to experiment, if you dare…

Dracula’s Bite Jello Shots:  Jello shots are a great treat for any party, because of the portions and different flavors you can make.  For these Dracula’s bite shots, all you’ll need is gelatin powder, water, grenadine, vodka, and Coke. (Recipe via Bread Booze Bacon)

Pumpkin Pie Shots:  Pumpkin pie screams fall, and these shots are the best combination of fun and festive.  You’ll need caramel vodka, pumpkin spice liquor, RumChata, sugar for the rim and that’s it! (Recipe via Mantitlement)

Zombie Brains Shots:  Zombies will be walking the streets on Halloween night, but you can join the party with some delicious zombie shots.  This simple recipe only requires vodka, simple syrup, (very ripe) kiwis, ice, and some rim sugar – making the sweetest brains you may ever taste. (Recipe via Del Cove Spice Company)

The Grave Digger Cocktail:  If you love whiskey or bourbon, this recipe is for you!  Step into the seasonal scares of Halloween with this cocktail made with hard cider, whiskey or bourbon, ginger ale, crushed ice, and optional dry ice for a nice spooky, fog effect. (Recipe via Boulder Locavore)

Hocus Pocus Martini:  Childhood classic meets booziness for this colorful drink.  Just mix your orange drink of choice, vodka, seltzer, and rim the glass with pop rocks for an extra “caldron bubble” effect. (Recipe via Latina)

Blood & Guts Cocktail:  What would Halloween be without blood?  And by blood I mean a mix of red and purple jello (Rasberry or Strawberry and Grape or Blackberry), vodka, grenadine, and ice.  Make sure to cut jello in choppy squares for a realistic, gory drink. (Recipe via Sugar & Soul)

Witches Brew: Get ready to conjure up this delicious, sharable drink worth all the hype. Just stir together Bacardi light, Meyers rum, Bacardi 151, pineapple juice, orange juice, sour mix, grenadine, ice and optional gummy worms. (Recipe via Latina)

Purple Monster Cocktail:  Love drinks that are sweet, and maybe a little bit creepy? Ok, maybe a lot creepy.  Well, feast your monster senses on this dark purple combination made with vodka, blue curacao, sweet and sour mix, grenadine, cranberry or grape juice finished off with purple sugar on the rim. (Recipe via Homemade Hooplah)

Candy Corn Jello Shots:  Enjoy a spin on a trick-or-treat favorite, we all know and love.  For these festive shots, you need one small box of orange flavored jello, unflavored gelatin, sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla or cake vodka, yellow food coloring and tall shot glasses. (Recipe via A Beautiful Mess)

Black Magic Jello Shots:  Halloween is the perfect time to experiment with everything from makeup to costumes to drinks, and this magical jello shot is no exception.  This potion is made out of berry blue jello, grape jello, vodka, water and black sugar. (Recipe via Bread Booze Bacon)

Eyeball Punch:  I’m not sure what’s more scary, finding an “eyeball” in your drink or finding out it’s actually edible.  Fear not, because this delicious punch is 100% edible and healthy, with high antioxidants and vitamin C!  You’ll need canned lychees, blueberries, concentrate black currant juice (unsweetened), lemon-lime seltzer or soda, light rum, and Grand Marnier. (Recipe via Olivia’s Cuisine)

Hello! My name is Lauren French. I'm 21. A senior at Philadelphia University, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. I love the fall season, trying new food, movies, traveling, diys, and shopping! I also love networking and meeting new people!