This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Since I was 2 years old and became a brand new walker, I have been in the dance studio at least 3 days a week. I am 19 years old and can proudly say I have never stopped dancing. I have danced in a variety of styles, including tap, jazz, hip-hop, lyrical, contemporary, and have even joined a competition team. However, the most important dance style that has changed me forever is ballet. I started ballet when I was 8 years old and began pointe lessons when I was 12. Although I had to exercise my feet every single day to maintain the strength in my developing feet, ballet was the one that made me feel the most free; the most in control of my next move. I earned many lead roles in numerous pre-professional shows and danced my way to the top with pride. 

I am currently on a dance team at school, but because of the time commitment, it is beginning to interfere with my academics, so I have to say goodbye for the first time. As sad as it definitely is for me saying goodbye to something so incredibly close to my heart, I am glad I am strong enough to make such a tough decision and will be forever grateful for what dance has given me. Although I will no longer be dancing in a studio, I will always be dancing around my house and putting on my own little show for the rest of my life.

My name is Haley Rymarkiewicz and I am currently a Pre-Med Student at Thomas Jefferson University. In my free time, I love reading, dancing, painting, and listening to music. One fun fact about me is that I am the oldest of five siblings!