PhilaU Open House

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It’s that time of the year again- the semester is in full swing and PhilaU is amping up to host its first fall Open House of the season for Saturday, October 15th. For numerous students like myself, a university’s Open House is a huge deciding factor in choosing a college. When I was touring colleges, I remember relying on these events to help sway my decision. I remember that PhilaU’s Open House put on a good show and I felt welcomed and appreciated. So, when a friend of mine who is a Rambassador asked me to be a tour guide at this year’s Open House, I felt that it was my responsibility to pay back what I owe and to show prospective students how awesome our school is (also I’m looking forward to the great food but that’s beyond the point). So, if you feel like me and want to help out for whatever reason, there’s a lot that you can volunteer to do.

Know someone who is a Rambassador and want to earn an extra few dollars? Rambassadors can help to train you to give a tour or togreet prospective students. All tour guides get a helpful packet of information to help prepare for the tours. All greeters also need to be trained, but this job is great if you just want to welcome students. Plus, the university will pay you for either of these two jobs (yay money!). If neither of these sound appealing, you can volunteer to represent your major in the gym to answer questions from prospective students and their families about your major and your experience at PhilaU. So whether you are interested to give a tour, greet, or be an ambassador from your major, please feel free to go to the Admissions Office for more information. The next Open House that you can help out with is November 12th but if you are interested please gather information sooner rather than later. See you there !

Abbey is a student at Philadelphia University where she is studying graphic design. In her free time, she loves to be at the beach, travel to new places (especially in Philly), and play board games with friends.