friends in cafe
friends in cafe
Fatoumata Diakite
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

A Note to Those Who Don’t Have a Beau This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Note to whoever is reading this: You do not need a significant other to have fun on Valentine’s Day!

This Valentine’s Day, my roommate and I (who is pictured above) our the single ones in our apartment, so we are taking it upon ourselves to get out of the apartment and have a night of our own.

This is the first year where I am thinking about Valentine’s Day as a holiday that can be celebrated beyond a couple standpoint. It’s funny how we go from giving everyone candy grams in elementary school to growing up and thinking we need to celebrate the holiday with a significant other.

This holiday my night will consist of seeing one of my favorite actresses, Issa Rae, in the movie The Photograph followed by getting sushi with my best friend.

This Valentine’s Day go see the movie you have been dying to see or go to the restaurant you have been dying to checkout. Take yourself on a date or go with your friends! As a friendly reminder, love yourself before you try to love someone else.

I am just a pre-med student who has a big passion for all things public health, lover of the sun, and tea!