My Recipe for the Perfect Buffalo Chicken Dip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.
  1. Boil 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts until they are fully cooked.
  2. While the chicken is boiling, begin to melt 8 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese on low in a small or medium-sized crock pot.
  3. Take the chicken out of the pot and shred it into relatively even, fine strips using two forks facing away from each other and pulling in these two opposite directions.
  4. Once the chicken is shredded, add all of it on top of the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is evenly mixed into the chicken.
  5. Next, add ½ cup of ranch and ½ cup of your favorite hot sauce (mine is Frank’s), stir everything together, and let the ingredients simmer on low heat for around 5-10 minutes.
  6. The last step is to add 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese (mine is Colby Jack) and I always sprinkle some extra grated Parmesan cheese on top. Let everything simmer again for 10 minutes so all of the flavors blend well together.
  7. Taste the finished dip with veggies, chips, or pretzels, and feel free to add more ranch if it is too spicy or more hot sauce if it’s not spicy enough. Enjoy!
My name is Haley Rymarkiewicz and I am currently a Pre-Med Student at Thomas Jefferson University. In my free time, I love reading, dancing, painting, and listening to music. One fun fact about me is that I am the oldest of five siblings!