This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

I love putting on podcasts as background noise while I’m doing homework, working out at the gym or trying to fall asleep. It’s comforting listening to a conversation, especially between two funny and entertaining people. These are my absolute favorite podcasts at the moment:

1. Tiny Meat Gang

There are over one hundred episodes of this weekly podcast and I have listened to every single one. This comedic duo, Cody Ko and Noel Miller, talk about everything going on in their crazy lives, but their conversations usually lead back to their genitals. They have tons of hilarious running bits they are constantly doing. My personal favorite is the unconvincing straight guy who is trying to play a gay character. This podcast comes out every Friday and it is my favorite. If it’s your first time listening to this masterpiece, I would recommend the TMG 2018 Highlights which is a bonus episode from December 31st, 2018.

2. Views

This is a very interesting podcast between youtubers, David Dobrik and Jason Nash. David describes the podcast as a 23-year-old, sexy, millionaire YouTuber and a 40-something single dad with a vlog of his own, take you behind-the-scenes of their vlogs and show you what living the “YouTube life” is really like. Every Thursday, they confess their most intimate thoughts, discuss pop-culture, and dissect their own disputable relationship. If it’s your first time listening to this podcast, I would recommend the episode Bullied in High School. David takes us back to a few years back to when he had side swept bangs and a mop-like haircut and was called Justin Bieber on the bus home from school everyday.

3. Zane and Heath: Unfiltered

This weekly podcast is hosted by youtubers Zane Hijazi and Heath Hussar. They describe themselves as two uneducated Florida boys with strong opinions and nothing to back themselves up. They are part of David Dobrik’s cult-like group called the Vlog Squad on youtube. Although this podcast was recently launched a few weeks ago, they have already discussed how their friendship began, Zane’s crush on a member of their friend group, and Heath’s missing truck being found after two long years. Their lives are very chaotic yet interesting and it’s refreshing hearing a different point of view from their tight knit friend group.

4. Yeah, But Still

Comedians Brandon Wardell and Jack Wagner do investigative deep-dives into Internet meme culture and impromptu interviews with interesting guests. My all time favorite podcast guest was Lizzo in an episode called Solving All The World’s Problems. They often bring people with interesting careers and lives onto the podcast and do not allow them to talk about any of that. They reminisce over somewhat relatable anecdotes from their childhoods, the weird side of pop culture, and Brandon usually overshares too much information about his sex life. 

5. Other People’s Lives

Every Thursday, youtuber Joe Santagato and author Greg Dybec interview an anonymous stranger from the internet over the phone. They have a variety of guests ranging from the life of a prison guard, individuals coping with mental illness, a professional ghost hunter, and tons of obscure fetishes. There are around eighty different episodes that follow a similar format. Joe and Greg give a short preview of the person they are about to interview. Then they call and ask them a series of questions about what they do, how they started, and where they see themselves in the future. It is very interesting and eye-opening hearing about people’s deepest secrets and how different their lives are from my own. 

Lily Quinn

Jefferson '22

Lover of Harry Styles, Brooklyn 99, yoga, tik tok, and feminism.