This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Thanksgiving break is coming up, and so are all of the festivities that come toward the end of the year. After a long month of exams and work in November, the thought of Thanksgiving break is what keeps students going! Full of food, shopping, and relaxation, Thanksgiving break is well needed. Not only do students get to go home after being away for so long, but they are also able to feast on homemade food during this holiday of feasting. Additionally, Black Friday is happening over Thanksgiving break, and many will enjoy a day filled with shopping.

After Thanksgiving break, students will be stressed out over the month of December. Finals or the biggest exams of the semester will be happening during this time. There is still much to look forward to, though. Christmas is coming up, and during December, the city of Philadelphia will have lots of decorations and activities to make the month festive. After finals are over, going home will be a celebration in itself, as there are three weeks of rest after the most difficult few weeks of the semester. During winter break, students who celebrate can celebrate Christmas and get many gifts. New Years is a celebration in itself. Some will go on vacation, while others will simply enjoy staying at home. After winter break is over, the cycle will begin again.

During each semester, many students are able to make it through by thinking about what they are looking forward to. For right now, many are excited about Thanksgiving break and winter break. By having something to look forward to, students provide themselves with something to smile about, and a little light shed through the darkness of finals and exams.

Aliya Bilimoria

Jefferson '26

I am looking to enlighten and empower female students in college through writing!