Inexpensive Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas That Your S.O. Will Love!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Back in the elementary school days, Valentine’s Day was a whole lot easier. Being able to give out paper valentines and a piece of candy was a lot simpler than having to deal with the stress of what exactly to buy for your significant other. But after reading this article, you will know there is no need to stress! Whether you are reading this article before Valentine’s Day or not, this article will give you some inexpensive gift ideas that your significant other will love!

1. “What I Love About You” Journal

A gift that I personally purchased for my boyfriend was the “What I Love About You” fill-in-the-blank journal. This little book is filled with fifty pages worth of cute fill-in-the-blank sentences that you write in to perfectly describe your significant other! This book is worth a lot more than the ten dollars it costs on Amazon to buy as it will leave your valentine teary eyed!

2. Pajama Set

Pajamas can be very cute and inexpensive for your valentine no matter their personality as they give a sense of safety and love. No matter where you get them, or if they are actually Valentine’s Day themed or not, your significant other will appreciate them, especially because this gift can be used year-round!

3. Homemade Baked Goods

Even though chocolate is one of the main gifts that come to mind when one thinks of Valentine’s Day, making some kind of dessert yourself makes this idea a whole lot more romantic! People love it when you take some time to make something yourself instead of just buying something at the store. Plus, you and your significant other can both enjoy the treat, so it is sort of like a double gift!

4. Fuzzy Blanket

Another gift that gives off that comfortable, loving feeling is a big fuzzy blanket. Even though blankets can cost a lot, you are able to pick them up from places like Amazon, Five Below, and even Walmart without having to spend a lot of money! Bonus points if you are able to find (or even make) one that has a person or item that your valentine loves as the design!

5. Candles

A present that is both romantic and personable is candles. Figuring out which scents your significant other likes best is part of the fun and they will always think of you every time they light it! To make it even more fun, wrap a picture of both of you around the candle with a cute message to them! Both inexpensive and adorable!

6. Flowers

Something that I personally love to get no matter the occasion or how many times I was already given them are flowers. Not only are they beautiful, but they make your significant other feel loved and beautiful as well! It doesn’t even have to be from an expensive florist! Beautiful bouquets of flowers can be found all over for under fifteen dollars!

7. Scrapbook

There is nothing more special than having special moments with the people you love. Most people, including myself, really enjoy documenting their adventures and achievements that they have with their valentine through pictures. Creating a scrapbook can be such a romantic and personable way to make your loved one smile and let them know how much they mean to you! You can print photos from places such as CVS or Walgreens for only around thirty cents per picture!

8. Initial/ Name Jewelry 

People may think that having jewelry with your significant other’s name or initials on it may be so 2018 or too cheesy, but I am a sucker for gifts like this, as I’m sure there are a lot of others! Initial and name necklaces can be purchased on Amazon for under twenty dollars, meaning you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on a present!

Olivia Robb

Jefferson '26

Hi! My name is Olivia Robb and I am a first-year Pre-Medical Studies major here at TJU! I love many things from makeup to Marvel and I am so excited to be a part of this group!