Greenlight a Vet this Veteran’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Typically people associate green with money, nature, and “go”. However, this Veterans day it means something entirely different. Greenlight A Vet is a campaign to change one of your lights green to show your support to our brave veterans. This campaign chose green because although people associate green with other things, green is the color of hope, renewal, and well-being. In addition, Greenlight A Vet states that “greenlight” is typically used to mean forward movement.     

This November it is hoped that changing lights green will start conversations about recognizing vets and helping “greenlight” them forward.  More than anything this Veteran’s Day Greenlight A Vet wants to show the veterans of America, that all though we do not always see them, we recognize them and appreciate them and all their sacrifices they have and continue to make.

You can visit Greenlightavet.com to read all about the campaign and even hear some veteran’s stories in the video bellow. In addition, on Veteran’s day use the hashtag #greenlightavet to show your support and pictures. The fun doesn’t stop there though! There is a Veteran’s day parade (the largest yet!) in New York City on November 11. So don’t forget to show your support our veterans and Greenlight them!

I am a senior Textile Materials Technoloy major from good ol' Pollock Pines, CA. I love water skiing, dancing, and mom blogs!!!!!!!