This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Valentine’s day is around the corner, and of course many people love this day. It’s fun, filled with pretty decorations, sometimes emotions are on the rise too. But for me, I will be spending the Valentines weekend and day with my closest friends, making it a Galentines celebration! Since I know other people are in the same boat as me, here are some ideas and creative things to do with your closest friends on this day!

1. Make mini heart pizzas
If you haven’t by now, a lot of pizza companies make special heart pizzas for Valentine’s day, so why not make it a group activity with your friends? You can customize your pizza, create assembly lines, organize it anyway you like!

2. Spa day slumber party
This might be a bit nostalgic for some, but I remember when I was little, I’d want to have a spa day slumber party at my house that’s completely decked out and is filled with pink. This would be such a cute idea that lets everyone unwind and get closer as we do each others nails and hair.

3. Gift basket exchange
This could be paired up with any previous idea or it could be a standalone, but you could either operate like a secret santa or white elephant exchange and make gift baskets for everyone! You could make something customized for a specific friend which will 100% tug on their heart strings or you could add a bit more fun with a white elephant exchange!

4. Go out on a group date
This could be a group dinner, activity, or even going to the bar or club. Getting out of the house could be the thing you all need! Could also be great to unwind and have fun since we’re all so busy because of school, work, and our daily lives.

Regardless of what you do, I hope you all have an amazing Valentine’s day! Eat lots of sweets and treat yourself too! You deserve it.

Diamond Porter

Jefferson '25

I’m Diamond, a fashion design major at Thomas Jefferson University set to graduate in 2025. I sew, paint, draw, and design and I’m interested in owning my own business and clothing line or becoming a professional stylist!