First Man;A Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

This Sunday I headed to the movies to see Damien Chazelle’s take on the moon landing in “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling. I absolutely give this movie a 10/10. It was incredibly powerful, raw, exciting, and interesting throughout the entirety of the film. Gosling portrayed the famous Neil Armstrong with incredible passion and realness and I loved how deeply I was able to be invested with him and all of the characters.

I really didn’t know about the moon landing of 1969 but I have to say this gave me a really good history of what actually happened in NASA and in America while the Space Race was happening. The film focused on how Neil’s life progresses at NASA and how his work life plays into his personal life. I don’t want to give away any spoilers but this was definitely more depressing than I realized. My favorite part of the film was seeing how all the astronauts’ families lived together and how they were affected by their husbands/fathers working for NASA.

I would definitely recommend seeing this movie if you are into history, science, 60’s fashion, or just a good action/family movie!

Sam Miller

Jefferson '21

Hi! I'm Sam, I'm a fashion design major, my favorite color is purple and I love to sew, dance, and go on Pinterest.