This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Fall has always been my favorite season. Something about the leaves changing color, the weather not being too hot or too cold, the festive activities, and the pumpkin spice overload have always made me feel such comfort and warmth. I want to share with you some of my all-time fall favorites ranging from food to clothing and everything in between.

1. Nail Polish

My favorite fall nail polish is OPI’s “Lincoln Park After Dark”. It is the perfect fall shade, a pretty dark purple, but not quite black. Personally, I refuse to wear dark colors in the spring and summer time, so as soon as fall rolls around, I take the first opportunity to break out the dark nail colors. To me, dark nail polish is a sign of fall and the holiday season approaching.

https://www.opi.com/nail-products/nail-polish/lincoln-park-after-dark

2. Fall Drink

I have to include two fall drinks, because both are amazing and are the epitome of fall. Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte (of course) and warm apple cider are both delicious and the perfect fall treat. I highly recommend buying apple cider and storing it in your fridge, and then warming it for 2- 2 ½ minutes in the microwave when you are ready to cozy up. :)

3. Clothing

Flannels are the perfect clothing item to add to any outfit and make it fall-esque. Personally, I love oversized flannels. I pair it with some jeans and boots and I look put together, while still being super comfortable. Check your local thrift store for cheap flannels, and don’t be afraid to venture into the men’s section. That’s where the best ones hide!

4. Food

I highly recommend Trader Joe’s cookie butter. With a slight caramel-gingerbread taste, it is the perfect fall treat. Eat it with graham crackers, animal crackers, or just by the spoonful. Either way, pick yourself up a jar of cookie butter for this fall.

5. TV Show

I recently started American Horror Story on Netflix and it was the best decision I’ve made in a while. I was skeptical to start it at first, but I figured that fall would be the perfect time to do so because it’s #spookyszn. If you get scared easily, I recommend watching it with a friend, but either way, definitely give it a try.

6. Movie

I bet you could guess what my fall movie recommendation is… Hocus Pocus. DUH. There really isn’t an explanation needed for this one. Do yourself a favor and curl up with some popcorn and this movie. You won’t regret it!

7. Makeup

NYX has amazing, cheap lip gloss to begin with, but if you’ve never tried their Lip Lingerie line, I highly recommend. The colors in this line are perfect for fall because they’re warmer tones. My personal favorite is Bustier, which is a dusty mauve color. What’s even better is it’s only $7, so you won’t be breaking the bank.

https://www.nyxcosmetics.com/lip-lingerie/NYX_315.html?cgid=lipgloss#

8. Candle

My favorite fall candle is Mahogany Teakwood by Bath and Body Works. Even though it’s on the pricier side for a candle, it is well worth it. The scent is pretty masculine, but it fills the room with warmth and comfort. If you can pick up the candle when it is on sale, then it is 100% worth it.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/p/mahogany-teakwood-3-wick-candle-024334…

9. Misc.

I recently discovered all of the benefits of essential oils. I put lavender on my wrists before bed, and let eucalyptus diffuse in my room. With midterms and finals coming up this fall, we need some good stress-relievers and good sleep. Essential oils are perfect for that. Check Marshalls or TJ-Maxx for some cheap ones.

I hope you get the chance to try at least a few of my fall favorites. If you do, I promise you won’t regret it. Whatever you do though, embrace fall with open arms. The leaves are changing and the holidays will be here before we know it, so take advantage of all of the things the seasons have to offer.

Marina Hatem

Jefferson '22

second year nursing student big believer in #girlpower lover of tea, yoga, crystals, & the color yellow
The jefferson team is welcoming, fun, and loving!