This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

The weather is cooling, the leaves are falling, and the air is becoming more crisp which means that it’s time for Fall! Here are 5 Fall essentials to get you ready for the new season. 

1. Cable-Knit Cardigan/Sweater 

I think cable-knit cardigans and sweaters or just any kind of cardigan and sweater is just a great thing to have in your closet! You can either wear them casual or you can easily dress them up. Cardigans are perfect for the Fall for the chilly, but not so freezing weather of the season.  

1. Pumpkin Spiced Latte 

I know that some may think that Pumpkin Spice Lattes are a very basic Fall drink, but it is so fitting for the season! I actually just had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte, so now I understand why so many people like them. I’m not a huge fan of foods or drinks that have an overpowering taste of pumpkin or cinnamon, so I thought I wouldn’t like Pumpkin Spiced Lattes. However, I think Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are the perfect blend of pumpkin and the spices. 

1. Mahogany Teakwood Candle 

Mahogany Teakwood candles may not seem like your regular Fall candles, but I think the scent gives you the same feeling as Fall does. I usually get the Mahogany Teakwood Candle from Bath and Body Works and they have two different kinds: the regular scent and the intense scent. For me the scent is very comforting and woodsy. It has notes of mahogany, dark oak, and frosted lavender. 

1. Chunky Knit Blanket 

A chunky knit blanket is something that you could purchase or make into a fun little DIY! I think snuggling in a chunky knit blanket and getting cozy with a good book is the perfect way to make the most of those rainy Fall days. 

1. TV Shows/Movies 

This goes with the chunky knit blanket from before. I think a TV show or movie that gives fall vibes is also great for rainy days or just days when you want to stay in! Some examples of shows and movies are The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Gilmore Girls, The Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, and Halloweentown.

Riya Roy

Jefferson '24

Hi! I'm Riya, a Senior Pre-Med major at Jefferson! I'm from Northeast Philly and I've lived there my whole life. I enjoy reading, art, baking and binge watching Netflix! This year, I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Jefferson and I'm so excited!! Hope you enjoy my articles :)