This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

As thanksgiving is around the corner, everywhere you turn on campus, you hear students complaining about the lack of motivation and that they can’t find the will to do anything productive especially as an exam week. First of all, why do professors assign so many assignments and exams in the week before Thanksgiving? As you approach the week of Thanksgiving, here is a few ways to keep yourself sane while you are in the trenches of college.

1. Take a nap! If you feel like you’ll waste time cause you want to sleep, you are actually doing yourself a favor. Let your eyes rest and then you are rejuvenated to study again.

2. Eat your meals. This seems like an obvious but sometimes people don’t worry about eating or simply forget about it. Just like sleep, eating is a fundamental part in keeping yourself energized to study.

3. Hangout with friends It is important to take a break from school and a good way is to spend time with friends. Although, some people tend to recharge by people alone. So take your pick and take that break after a long day of studying.

4. Lastly, focus on the outcome. Once you finish you get to go on a long awaited break to go eat good and shop.

Jasleen Multani

Jefferson '26

I am a Thomas Jefferson student majoring in Biochemistry.