This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

As the new year starts, so does Aquarius season!! I am a big believer of zodiacs and, as a fellow Aquarian, I wanted to do this fun article to represent all the Aquarians out there. My birthday is January 24th for all my fellow co-star users if you would like to know where I fall on the spectrum. I have been really into zodiacs for a few years now and I love anything that has to do with the stars and universe. Something about it seems to really center people and learning more about your sign can make you more self-aware. Some people don’t really believe in zodiacs which is fine, but why wouldn’t you? It’s fun and free! And I know I get really excited when I find someone who is an Aquarius just like me! It’s even funner when you become friends with someone first and then find out their sign after the fact and it begins to explain so much about them. Here are a few notable things everyone should know about the zodiac sign Aquarius;

They are open minded

Aquarius people tend to have different perspectives on situations and are able to think for themselves. They always wait to judge a person and form their own opinion on them before giving in to well-known stereotypes.

They are Humanitarians

Out of all other zodiac signs, Aquarians are known to be the most humanitarian. What this means is that they are very compassionate in their relationships, and enjoy giving back to the world. They have big hearts.

They are eclectic

This means that their style is diverse and has a wide range. They have appreciation for almost everything and all of its subdivisions.

They are free spirited

You’re lucky if you are able to restrain an Aquarius, they will always show their true colors and shamelessly be themselves. Their character is very important to them, so for them they have the mentality “this is who I am, take it or leave it”

They are unpredictable

They are always surprising the ones around them by their actions and decisions. This can either be good or bad. You can never know what they’re next move is!

There you have it! Aquarius signs can either agree or disagree with these traits, but I definitely agree with these traits. Some celebrities that are Aquarians as well are Ellen DeGeneres, Ashton Kutcher, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Khalid, and Evan Peters.

Occupational Therapy student! I am an Aquarius, I love sleeping, music, and working out :)