This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Truthfully, there are only a few trailers for movies that have come out recently that have made me want to go out and see the movie in theaters (unless it was a Marvel movie, of course). All the movies seemed repetitive, uninteresting, or had a predictable ending based on the released trailer. But, when the trailer came out for the Missing, I knew that this was a movie I had to watch as soon as possible. This action-packed PG-13 Mystery Drama film will have you on your toes from beginning to end and might even make you think about aspects of your own life.  

The main character June who is played by the talented Storm Reid (who also plays Gia in Euphoria) lives with her mom and has a normal life for a teenage girl. Before June’s mom Grace (played by Nia Long) goes on a trip to Columbia with her new boyfriend Kevin, Grace tells her daughter that her and Kevin need to be picked up at the airport on Monday morning. After many shenanigans while her mom is gone, June goes to the airport Monday morning to pick up Grace and Kevin and after hours of waiting, June realizes her mom is not coming. While being stuck in Los Angles thousands of miles away, June uses technology to the best of her advantage to try and find her mom before it is too late.  

After going to see Missing, I am pretty blown away by the movie overall. The cast and length of the movie were perfect for what it was, not having too little information where the viewer may be confused and not too long so that it feels like the point is unreachable. I also really enjoyed how the movie was not filmed like a regular movie, instead being filmed simply with June’s laptop. Missing had so many twists and turns that you never knew what was coming next, making it impossible to become bored by it. Going to see this movie with my mom, though, made the experience a lot more emotional. Even though the movie has a lot of unrealistic aspects due to all the resources that we have today, it really makes you think about your own life. You never know when something can happen to your mom, so make sure to appreciate and spend time with her while she is here, and always say “I love you” because you never know when it can be the last time. I recommend this movie to anyone who is wanting to watch a new movie that will keep you locked in all throughout.  

Olivia Robb

Jefferson '26

Hi! My name is Olivia Robb and I am a first-year Pre-Medical Studies major here at TJU! I love many things from makeup to Marvel and I am so excited to be a part of this group!