8 Quotes to Get You Through the Day

During these tough times it can be hard to feel motivated. Being separated from your friends for

a long period of times, it is not surprising that many of us have started to feel depressed, anxious,

stressed, a whole lot more. To bring your mood up, here are a eight inspirational quotes to get it

you through the days:

1. 1. “Be strong, you never know who you are inspiring!” – Unknown

Although you may be struggling throughout your day, you never know who is looking up

to you. Younger siblings, younger cousins, and even friends can be inspired by how you

push yourself to complete the day.

2. 2. "An obstacle is often a stepping stone.” – William Prescott

When you first run into an obstacle, it may seem to be holding you back. But think of that

obstacle as a stepping stone to get you higher up and closer to your goal. Try to look at

things through a positive lens, no matter how hard it can be.

3. 3. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” – Wayne Gretzky

This one is pretty popular and well known, however, it still holds true. When you are

scarred to try something new try to think of the good that would happen when you try it.

Say you’re trying out for a sport and don’t make the team, you most likely will have

made a couple friends during that time. And if you feel like you might embarrass

yourself, just know no one is going to remember.

4. 4. “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it” – Buddha

You will not appreciate the good that you have experienced throughout the day if you do

not experience the bad. Sometimes it takes a bad experience for us to realize all the good

that has happened in our life. Although it is sometimes challenging to look for the good

when a lot goes wrong, know that you are experiencing whatever it may be for a reason.

5. 5. “On the other side of fear lies freedom” – Unknown

Fear holds us back. Sometimes it takes facing our fears to release us from a hold that

doesn’t let us get far. Being afraid to speak out, try something new, or many other things

cause one to be held back looking at others doing things that they wish they had done.

6. 6. “Don’t count the days, make the days count” – Muhammad Ali

Counting days will make them seem longer and may make one more unmotivated.

However, living in the present and experiencing what life throws at you one day at a time

will allow you to learn more and appreciate more. Making the day count by facing your

fears or completing a task will allow you to appreciate the day more.

7. 7. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us” – Helen Keller

Many times, we get so held up on an experience or opportunity that we missed or lost

something that we loved so much and brought us so much happiness. However, know

that you are not always going to be upset. Rather, you sometimes have to give it up or let

it go in order to get your second chance of happiness.

8. 8. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out” – Robert Collier

You are successful everyday. Making it through the day and getting something done

whether it was a small task, such as doing laundry, or a big task, acing an exam, you are

successful. These efforts that you face every day make you who you are, and at the end of

the day, know that you have been successful.

Overall, these times are challenging for everyone. Know that you are not alone and that you are

loved.