This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

This is a trend I’ve seen on TikTok lately that I really like. The videos show the person listing things that have been bringing them joy or feelings of fulfilment lately. I think it’s a sweet little trend, so I thought I’d bring it to Her Campus for today’s article. Here are things I’m starting to love lately:

1. Having a small circle of friends
    1. Quality over quantity always
    1. Sometimes not needing as many people, or being needed by as many people, can be really refreshing
  2. Wearing makeup
    1. Really vibing with Maddy Perez-style eyeliner these days
    1. Top it off with a neutral but shiny lip gloss and we’re golden
  3. Colorful clothing
    1. I used to try so hard not to wear pink in like middle school because I wanted to be “different” (shameful confession: I was the biggest pick-me from ages 10-14). Now it’s pink everything.
    1. Give me pastels, give me bright colored leggings and sweaters. All the colors all the time.
  4. Going to sleep early
    1. As silly as it sounds, I’m really starting to love sleep
    1. I used to see sleep as something that kept me from being “productive” or from having fun with friends (FOMO is real)
    1. Now I look forward to getting my 8 hours of sleep
  5. Learning
    1. As someone who has been dealing with depression for some time now, it is refreshing when I find myself caring about things again
    1. I spent so long not really caring about school/not really feeling like there was a point to what I was learning
    1. Now I feel like I’m starting to care about what I want to care about! And I LOVE it
    1. I’m starting to love my classes for teaching me new things, even if I’m not sure what I want to do with what I’m learning yet. I’m just so excited to know new things. And that’s so fun 

Happy Spring Break! Enjoy the things you love besties. HCXO, Amelia

Hey there, my name is Amelia! I am a psychology major who loves music, food, writing, and watching movies!