This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

What are you doing this weekend? Nothing? Impossible! This weekend is the Weekend of Everything, and you can definitely find something distracting to do.  

Friday, April 11, 2014:

Dance Ensemble’s 2014 Showcase – “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody”

Location: Kulas Auditorium

Time: 7:00 p.m.

FREE!

If this show is anything like last year’s, it will be amazing! I went last year and loved it. These talented JCU students have been working all year on this performance, and it would be great if there was an awesome crowd there to show them some support. You won’t regret it!

Manresa

Location: Off campus

Time: April 11 – April 13

Ok, so you can’t actually go to this unless you’ve registered, but I’m just letting you know it’s happening. This is the retreat of all retreats, and it should be on your Carroll bucket list. I haven’t gone yet, so I can’t tell you much about it, but the website says it’s “an opportunity to explore in more depth some of life’s ultimate questions.” Just something to think about for next semester’s registration.

Saturday, April 12, 2014:

Concert of Sacred Music “At the Name of Jesus”

Location: St. Francis Chapel

Time: 4:00 p.m.

FREE!

This is the Liturgical Music and Musical Arts Department’s annual concert. It features the JCU Schola Cantorum and the Seminary Choir. If you have a chance on your busy Saturday, stop in St. Francis Chapel and enjoy some music, courtesy of your own JCU pals.

RHA Lil’ Sibs Weekend

Location: Everywhere

Time: April 12 – April 13

So it’s not really a full weekend, but it’s pretty close. Bring your little munchkin to campus with you for a day or two and show him or her around town. You could even bring your mini-me to the music concert.

Flashdance

Location: PlayhouseSquare

Time: 7:30 p.m.

$10 to reserve your ticket, but you get it back on the bus, so it’s basically FREE!

E-mail Janet Paradise by April 9, to reserve your ticket for this show. Then, you go to her office, hand her your $10, and you’ll get a ticket in return. When you hop on the bus at 6:30 p.m., you get your money back! So you’re going to a show for free! Whoooo! I’ve never seen Flashdance, but I’ve heard through the grapevine that it’s like an adult version of Footloose. Whatever that means.

The Art of Being Yourself

Location: Jardine Room

Time: 10:00 p.m.

Join your Resident Ministers to make your own art! There will be mirror decorating, text self-portraits, plant-pot painting, and mandala picture holders. You can create things with inspiration from your Creator, which is pretty awesome. Contact Russell Lum or Gillian Halusker with questions.

Of course, there’s always a bunch of Late Night Programs and SUBP-sponsored events on weekends, so check those out, too.

I know, I know, you have six essays due in three days. We’re in the same boat, so we can have a little yacht party or something. You can take a little break and go to at least one of these things, right? Right. Great, see you there! 

Allison Gall is a senior English major at John Carroll University. She is also a member of Kappa Delta Sorority. While not doing school work, Allison is involved in several other activities, including working with her church and taking Taekwondo. Allison also loves to read and write, sing, play violin, swim, and run. She is also interested in fashion, and she is known among her friends as the go-to person for hair and makeup help.