Tim Ficke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Tim Ficke is this week’s Campus Celebrity! This JCU Junior was just named Student Union President after the election held on campus last Wednesday. He has been involved with Student Union since his freshmen year, when he was elected Senator for the Class of 2015. After that he was voted Vice President, the position that he currently holds.

“Student Union is the one place on campus where students can go with problems, and they know that something will be accomplished” says Ficke, who also says that his position allows him to be a voice for all of Carroll’s Blue Streaks. He claims that the best part of his job is being able to make the campus a better place for everybody.

Tim believes that he has been put on this Earth to make a difference. For him, his time at John Carroll has been awesome, and he is so glad he gets to call this place home. “I just want to make sure that current and future Blue Streaks have the same experience I got to have,” says Ficke. Being President will give him a great opportunity to give back to this community, and “make a difference in the lives of 3,000 Blue Streaks every day.”

After Ficke graduates from Carroll, he plans on gaining some real world experience in the workforce, and then hopes to move to a state level political position. From there, Tim hopes to expand to Congress and become a member of the House.

In addition to being involved with Student Union, Ficke is a member of Beta Theta Pi. After rushing his freshmen year, he took over the position of Vice President of New Member Education, then served on Leadership Development for a semester, and is now Beta’s Philanthropy chair, where he works on projects such as ‘Through the Eyes of a Child’ or ‘Carroll’s Got Talent’.

“Other than coming to John Carroll, joining Beta was probably the second most important decision of my life,” says Ficke, “I never thought that I’d be Greek, or get involved in anything like that, but my mom really pushed me to do it.” He says that being a Beta has helped him grow in so many areas of his life, and he loves being able to be a part of the Greek community. “I like how it brings people together, all with a common theme. Yeah, we’re all different, but we all have a similar core. We all believe in the same things; we all work towards the same things. It’s really cool to be in a room that has all different walks of life, but at the same time we’re all striving to be the best we can be.”

Ficke also works as a tour guide on campus. “Being a tour guide is the best!” He knew he wanted to be a tour guide after going on his first tour of Carroll, “I wanted to make sure families coming to see Carroll had the same experience I got to have.” Tim is proud of his Blue Streak status and uses every opportunity to give back to John Carroll.

Sophomore. Blue Streak. English Writing Major. Kappa Delta. When I'm lonely I set my phone's alarm to go off every fifteen minutes and pretend like people are texting me. Welcome to my exciting life.