This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Ah, the moment we’ve all been waiting for. Our papers are all written, exams handed in and we can breathe again. We have an entire month before we have to think about school again, and I don’t know about you, but that’s the best news I’ve heard in awhile. Free time, never heard of her…until now. And I have no idea what to do. Between shifts at my part-time job and cramming 3 months of fitness into 1 month, I’m going to be finding a lot of time to lay in bed with Netflix. The most stress I want to experience this month is deciding what to watch, and if you don’t even want that, here are some recommendations. So grab a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, grab a snack or two (or five) and snuggle up.

Shows to Binge:

1. Okay, I’m a little biased on this one because it’s my favorite show so I tell this to everyone. “Grey’s Anatomy”. Fourteen seasons to binge on Netflix, eight new episodes on ABC.com, AND season 15 resumes January 17th!!!

2. “Gilmore Girls”, my other favorite show. This one can be a hit or miss for some people because in all honesty, sometimes nothing really happens. But the characters become your family and you’re bound to fall in love with a few of them.

3. “Gossip Girl”, a pre-teen classic. If you’ve never watched this or if you’ve seen it loads of times (guilty), it’s captivating and doesn’t require a whole lot of thought. Perfect show to turn on while your brain is turned off.

4. “The Good Place”. This one is different from anything I’d normally watch, and the 22 minute episode fly by when you watch more than two in a row.

5. “The Carrie Diaries”. This one is kinda short unfortunately, but it is amazing! Lovable characters and an interesting story line make for a cute, cheesy series.

6. “Queer Eye”. This show made me feel so many emotions, it’s so real and so heartwarming and I’ll admit I cried more than I want to talk about. Literally the best thing ever.

7. Any baking show, like “Nailed It” or “The Great British Baking Show”. I have no idea what it is about baking shows that makes them so entertaining but I could sit and watch these forever (in fact I did during my summer babysitting gig where this 9 year old tried to bake like these people. Spoiler alert: hers never went this well…). “Nailed It” also has a holiday series to get us in the spirit.

Movies to Enjoy in one way or Another:

1. In the last few months we’ve seen a lot of cutesy, cheesy movies such as “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before”, “Sierra Burgess is a Loser”, and “The Kissing Booth”. Sierra Burgess definitely was a miss for me, but I loved the other two way too much. Whether you’re actually interested or you just want to make fun of it, anyone of these will do the trick.

2. Now if you’re really looking for something to make fun of, watch “SPF-18”. This was the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life. My bf and I watched it on a whim on a Friday night in and we got some amazing laughs out of the horrendous acting and nonexistent plot.

3. Netflix also has an amazing array of classic Disney movies. Classics like “Hercules” and “Moana” and we also got the modern masterpieces of “High School Musical” and “Bridge to Terabithia”.

4. “How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days”, another classic. I could watch this a million times and never be sick of it. Always a good choice!

5. 80s classics like “The Breakfast Club” and “Sixteen Candles” are also always a good idea!

6. “The Spectacular Now”. I read this book a while back and when I saw there was a movie, I knew I had to check it out. I was not disappointed in this cute, relatable story.

For those of us feeling holly and jolly:

1. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. The best way to celebrate no longer feeling like the Grinch, like we did during finals week.

2. “The Christmas Chronicles”. This is a newer Netflix original and it’s just cute and Christmas-y.

I hope you all have a wonderfully relaxing winter break with fantastic recuperation from this semester, you deserve it!!

Just your average nerd who likes books, math, and lots of chocolate.
Mallory Fitzpatrick is a senior at John Carroll University, who loves reading, writing, and travel.