Meet Anastasia Lengel!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Name: Anastasia Lengel

Year: Senior

Major: Exercise Science

Hometown: Canton, Michigan

1. What are you involved in at JCU? 

I am a student liaison for Center for Service and Social Action (CSSA) and I am a member of Students for Social Justice.

2. What is your favorite thing to do at JCU and why? 

My favorite thing to do at JCU is to participate in any of the multiple weekly service activities that are offered at JCU. Participating in weekly service provides a great break from school work to have fun and make connections with other students and people at the service sites, and provides a great way to learn outside of a classroom.

3. If you could add a class to the curriculum what would you add and why? 

I would add cadaver lab because for some occupational therapy graduate programs have that as a a requirement to get into their program.

4. If you go to JCU what is one thing any student has to do?

One thing any student  at JCU  must do is participate in Through the Eyes of a Child at least once. By participating in Through the Eyes of a Child gives you a chance to be a big buddy to a child for a day. When being a big buddy you get to hang out with the child, do fun activities, and even take the child to meet Santa. It is always a fun experience and a highlight of my year.

5. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

I would love to go to Bali, Indonesia. I feel like a vacation to Bali would be a laid back vacation filled with culture and beautiful landscapes. I would want to visit the beautiful beaches, towering volcanoes, picturesque temples, and mutli-tiered rice paddy fields carved into lush fields. 

6. If you could only take one item to an island to live with for 1 year, what would you take and why?

I would bring a large knife. I could use the knife for opening coconuts, make spears for fishing, crack crab legs, and if the knife is big enough chop down wood to make a shelter, or  to start a fire.

7.  If you could have any super power what would it be and why?

I would want to have the power of invisibility. I am not someone who wants fame or attention, so by being invisible I could help people without anyone knowing who I am. 

8. If you could meet anyone in history, who would you meet? Passed away or Alive.

I would want to meet Marilyn Monroe. I have always seen Marilyn Monroe as an inspiration for always following her dreams, not being ashamed for her need for love, taking her career seriously, fighting for what she believed in, how she overcome her rough childhood, and how she sought help, in a time when therapy was frowned upon. 

9. If you could give your freshman self advice, what would you tell her?

I would tell my freshman self to get more involved with different clubs, not to be afraid to try something new, and  not to stress so much about grades.

10. If you could give your future self advice, what would you tell her in 10 years?

I would tell my future self the five following things:

1 – Your daily habits determine your health, and it’s never to late to establish new ones.

2 – Don’t spend even 5 seconds wishing you had lived parts of your life differently. You really cannot change the past. Move on.

3 – Keep wearing sunscreen

4. – Your body may have changed but your heart hasn’t. Do what you love.

5 – You don’t have to get something done every day. Relax. Be more, do less.

JCU Campus Correspondent