It’s the Day We’ve All Been Waiting For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Everybody stop what you are doing. In case you have been avoiding Facebook lately, we are here to remind you that it is the day you have been waiting for all year long: Free Cone Day!

Every year, Ben & Jerry’s hosts a day during which they give out free ice cream in your choice of a cone or a cup simply to say thanks to the community. The tradition first began in 1979 in Berlington, Vermont and has been going strong ever since. Shops accross the country participate, bringing smiles to all who love ice cream. 

This fantastic holiday lasts from 12pm-8pm, so you still have time to head over after class. Flavor options include Cherry Garcia,  Cookie Dough, and (my favorite) Phish Food.Here’s a tip: according to their website, Ben & Jerry’s will allow you to get back in line over and over again if you so please. This is the perfect cure to a stressful semester! 

Get going JCU!

To find out more about #FreeConeDay and the ways Ben & Jerry’s uses this holiday as a way to spead the word about social justice and other important matters climate change, racism, and marriage equality, check out their website: http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-shops/free-cone-day/do-good-eating-ice-cream