This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

This weekend I made the very difficult decision of which November 3rd concert I’m going to attend. You see, I currently have tickets to two separate concerts for the same night in two different cities (Clairo in Cleveland; The Japanese House in Columbus). In 2018 and 2019, I developed a concerning obsession with music probably in lieu of my post-study abroad obsession with Italy. Up until this Spring, I had never been to a concert of an artist I really liked besides the four years I went to Country Thunder in Wisconsin. So the five concerts I’ll be going to in 2019 alone really highlights how concerning my obsession is becoming.

With that being said, here are the artists that I am willing to spend all hours of the day listening to:

The 1975

The 1975 has been my favorite band since I was 15 so there is definitely too much to say. They released an album this past November and will be releasing another this coming February. For this most recent album, they are focusing heavily on being eco-friendly by reprinting old, unsold merch with new logos. At their recent concerts in Europe, they have had booths to reprint any shirt you bring with the new album logos. Music-wise, they have a song for just about anyone at this point. On August 22, they released “People” as the first single off their new album “Notes on a Conditional Form” which took a hard turn towards punk rock that we had never seen from them.

Favorite Song: “Love It If We Made It”

Image from The 1975’s Instagram

Beabadoobee

Bea is a really small artist I found through The 1975, but she has my whole heart and more. She’s fresh out of high school in London and ready to take on her first American tour, opening for Clairo. If you like really soft sad music, you’ll love her.

Favorite Song: “Susie May”

The Japanese House

Japanese House is another smaller artist under The 1975’s label “Dirty Hit” that I just absolutely love. They released their debut album “Good At Falling” this Spring; I definitely had it on repeat for months and am extremely heartbroken that I can’t attend their concert in Columbus this November. Similar to Bea and Clairo, a lot of their songs a very soft, but with many Eps under their belt, you can find a bop every once in a while.

Favorite Song: “Worms”

Clairo

I’m a new fan of hers, but I’ve had her album “Immunity” on repeat for the last month. Like Beabadoobee, most of her music is really soft and calming.

Favorite Song: “Closer To You”

Image from The New York Times

Maggie Rogers

Maggie is a breath of energetic fresh air among my very sappy, soft favorite female artists. In a Billie Eilish “Ocean Eyes” fashion, her song “Alaska” blew up a couple of years ago while she was finishing up at NYU. She released her debut album this Spring “Heard It In A Past Life,” which I obviously had on repeat for months. A lot of her music is really upbeat and guaranteed to put you in a good mood.

Favorite Song: “On + Off”

Maggie Rogers on Giphy

I am a Senior Accountancy major at John Carroll University. I spent Fall 2017 studying abroad in Italy, inspiring me to also pursue a major in Italian Studies. I plan to pursue my Masters of Accountancy after graduating in December 2019.