This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

As of September 21, Fall has officially arrived. If you’re anything like me, you have way too many over the top expectations about fall and the things you’ll experience. Unfortunately, these things don’t usually turn out like I imagine them, and I end up enduring a lot of embarrassing moments instead of the perfect fall visions I’ve imagined in my head.

Here are a few scenarios that many of us can relate to this fall season:

Expectation #1: Rocking some cute and comfy fall outfits.

Gone are the bikini-wearing, spaghetti strap bearing days of summer, and in are the oversized sweaters, chic scarves, and warm boots of fall.

Reality: Attempting fall fashion in 90 degree weather leads to being VERY hot (and sweaty).

Looking cute and covered up sounded good when I was inside…

Expectation #2: Buying all the wonderfully fragrant fall candles.

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Pumpkin Apple, Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow, and even the classic Pumpkin Pie. Everything smells better in the Fall, so I obviously need to buy all of the candles!!!

Reality: Candles are so expensive; I can barely afford one.

What? You mean to tell me this one Pumpkin Cupcake scented candle costs twenty-two dollars?! TWENTY-TWO DOLLARS?!

Expectation #3: Achieving the perfect face of makeup with ultra-dark lipstick.

I look exactly like Kylie Jenner with this chic berry color, don’t you think?

Reality: Getting the too-dark lipstick all over your teeth.

Why won’t anyone look at me when I smile?

Expectation #4: Baking cute, fall-themed desserts.

Wow! I can’t believe these individually sized Dutch Apple Cider Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pecan Cobbler Cakes I found on Pinterest were so easy to make!

Reality: Resorting to making pre-cut sugar cookies because you failed at baking anything cute.

That ‘easy’ recipe I found is actually super difficult.

Expectation #5: Having a bae to watch scary movies with.

With all these scary Halloween movies on now, I’m so glad I have a bae to protect me. <3

Reality: Being forever alone, and watching a terrifying horror movie by yourself.

Yah, I can totally handle watching this movie by myself, it’s probably not even scary. Wait, what was that? Did I just here that door open by itself?

Expectation #6: Carving the perfect pumpkin for Halloween

This design looks super easy; I can totally carve this. Wow, I’m such a good artist.

Reality: Ending up with a pumpkin that has no real facial design whatsoever.

Maybe this is why I got a B in Art class in 6th grade?

Expectation #7: Having a cute and super original Halloween costume.

I’m going to go all out this year for Halloween and have the BEST costume! I’m gonna work super hard on it to make sure it’s perfect.

Reality: Forgetting to get a costume until the night before, and having to haphazardly throw something together.

Okay, this is the LAST year I’m going to be a witch.