This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Seeing as this weekend’s homecoming festivities are swiftly approaching and excitement seems to define our campus during these fun times, we’ve decided to write a feature on an advocate for school spirit here at JCU: Danielle Brinkmann! Danielle is currently a freshman here at John Carroll and finds herself loving her new home (JCU) more and more each day she’s here! Bubbly doesn’t even begin to describe her friendly personality, and her eagerness to make new friends is a trait that is hard to come by. If you’re interested in learning about a girl who loves to have fun, dance and meet new people, then keep reading!

Name: Danielle Brinkmann

Major: Early childhood education

Age: 18

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH

Hobbies/Campus involvement:

• Danielle is one of nine freshmen on John Carroll’s dance team and makes sure to show off her JCU pride during all of her half-time performances.

• Like many of us, Danielle loves Netflix! Her favorite shows include: The Originals, New Girl and Pretty Little Liars. Oh, and we can’t forget Bachelor in Paradise!

• Danielle also loves to hang out in her residence hall’s common room and enjoys taking walks around campus with friends!

• Going along with the dancing theme, Danielle attends weekly Zumba classes whenever she can!

A few of Danielle’s favorite things:

• Fruit roll-ups

• Fuzzy socks

• Ice cream in the caf (or ice cream in general)

• Naps

• Coke

Dream job: I would love to teach at my old grade school. The kids there are great and all of their families are so supportive. Learning and schoolwork are taken super seriously there, which is ideal for any teacher!

Favorite homecoming memory: Freshman year (of high school), my mom decided to make a homecoming dinner for me and my friends rather than taking us to a restaurant. She made us pasta, salad, and mashed potatoes. It was delicious, and to top it all off, she made us homemade cookies for dessert! Needless to say, we went into the actual homecoming dance feeling extremely full – but that didn’t keep us from having a good time! Favorite thing about JCU’s dance team: I love getting to know girls from different grade levels, and am so appreciative that I’ve had the opportunity to dance with them. We all come together as one when we perform, so it’s something we all have in common!

JCU Campus Correspondent