This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

This past Sunday I attended, most likely, my final concert of the year. I saw Clairo, Beabadoobee, and Hello Yello at the House of Blues in Cleveland. I’ve only been a fan of Clairo for a couple of months now, but Beabadoobee has been one of my favorite artists for over a year, and I had to see them for their first tour in America.

Image from The Fader

This was my fifth concert in 2019 and overall probably the best experience I’ve had so far. The doors opened at 7, we were inside by 7:30, and Hello Yello was playing by 8:15 at the latest. 

Hello Yello was a great opener. I had never listened to them before then, but their style was a bit more energetic and aggressive than Bea and Clairo, and they really got the crowd moving.

Image from Afropunk

Bea came on shortly after and I was living my absolute best life. She had some sound problems during my favorite song “You Lie All The Time,” but it still slapped. My favorite Bea song of all time, “Susie May,” was not played, unfortunately, but for a good reason. Bea’s music has changed quite a bit now that she is no longer a solo- artist. Bea used to perform mellow and sad songs when she was on her own. Now, with a full band, they perform new high-quality, upbeat songs. Because I was almost exclusively there to see Bea after her set ended we decided to move upstairs. The second floor of the House of Blues is more spacious and tends to have a more laid back vibe. Going up to the second floor was the best decision I ever made. As I was walking up from the basement to the first floor, I saw Bea. No one else was around because everyone was getting ready for Clairo to come on. Bea was just talking to a small group of people, so my friend and I decided to ask for a picture.  I was on cloud nine for the rest of the night. 

Image from The Fader

Clairo’s set was as beautiful as expected. She was apparently sick, but her voice sounded amazing. It was nice to be able to just sit out and enjoy her set from afar. Clairo is also just the sweetest human, and unfortunately, had to pause the show for a second because a fourth person passed out. Despite the interruption, she sang “I Wouldn’t Ask You” flawlessly.

From Giphy

There are a couple more Clairo shows left in November, and if there’s one in your area, I would highly recommend seeing her and everyone else.

I am a Senior Accountancy major at John Carroll University. I spent Fall 2017 studying abroad in Italy, inspiring me to also pursue a major in Italian Studies. I plan to pursue my Masters of Accountancy after graduating in December 2019.