Campus Celebrity: Megan Goedeker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Class Year: Sophomore 

Major: Biology

What made you choose John Carroll: I love the campus so much. That along with the mission to help others and the great academics really pulled me to choose JCU!

Campus Involvement: I am in Pre-Health Honors Society, Smiles with Style, Environmental Issues Group, and, of course, the TOMS club!

Tell us about your new club on campus: The TOMS club is an awareness- and service-based club based on TOMS mission of One for One. We will promote the initiatives of providing shoes to children, clean water around the world, sight, and healthy hospital care for new mothers and their babies. 

What will events and goals for the club include:  As a club, I want to bring awareness to these issues that are happening around the world along with helping closer to home.  Along with promoting TOMS’S initiatives, we will be doing service right here in Cleveland.

What inspired you to start the club:  I always really loved and supported the company through buying their products, but then I found out how to start a chapter on my own campus.  I really am interested in the initiatives that they have and believe that they truly make a difference. I figured that by beginning the club I would be able to spread my love for the company and spread awareness about these issues happening around the world, along with doing our own part to help out!

How can people around campus get involved with the TOMS club:  Everyone is welcome! All you have to do is email me at mgoedeker17@jcu.edu and let me know!