Campus Celebrity: Gabriel Petkac

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Gabriel Patkac is a senior Blue Streak who is studying Computer Science and Philosophy. His is involved with Respect for Life and Gaming Club. He has commuted to Carroll throughout his four years here.

HC: Did you choose to commute?

Petkac: It was financially cheaper to do so.

HC: Are there any unique problems you face being a commuter?

P: The biggest problem faced as a commuter is getting to bed on time.  I realize that I have to get up early to leave by 6:30 am to allow for traffic and other potential time problems. So 10:00pm is when I should be going to bed at but often schoolwork and other responsibilities push that time back. 

HC: Do you think parking is easier this year because of the new parking lot?

P: I have not noticed because I arrive to campus at 7:30 am every morning.  I would think since the parking lot outside of the student center being converted to only faculty parking might cause some problems, but none which I have noticed yet.  I think the real problems will arise if there are any once the snow comes. 

HC: If you could make any changes to the parking lot, what would they be?

P: The specific parking for the efficiency cars seems like overkill to wishful thinking that people will buy such a car so they can park a little closer.

HC: What do you plan on doing after your time here at Carroll?

P: My goal is to get a job after college, pay off my student debt as quick as possible and going from there.

We wish Gabriel the best of luck as he finishes up his career as a Blue Streak, and we are also making a mental note to check out Gaming Club.

Sophomore. Blue Streak. English Writing Major. Kappa Delta. When I'm lonely I set my phone's alarm to go off every fifteen minutes and pretend like people are texting me. Welcome to my exciting life.