Your Personalized Netflix Checklist for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Summer vacation is here! Let me guess…. you have an entire list of things to do this summer. But let me guess again… chances are that you’re only going to complete less than 50% of what’s on your list. Don’t worry, it happens to me every single year. I like to call it “Sumcrastination”. Chances are that you have, or know of someone with a Netflix account, so this is an article that hopefully everyone can find useful. I’ve complied a list of movies and TV Series that you need to watch during your summer vacation this year, because we all know that you’re not going to do everything you plan on doing. Happy binge-watching!

1. Dear White People (1 season)

Description: “At a predominantly white Ivy League college, a diverse group of students navigate various forms of racial and other types of discrimination.”

2. Crazy Ex Girlfriend (2 seasons)

Description: “A young woman abandons a choice job at a law firm and her life in New York in an attempt to find happiness in the unlikely locale of West Covina, California.”

3. Rectify (4 seasons)

Description: “Daniel Holden must put his life back together after serving 19 years on Georgia’s Death Row before DNA evidence calls his conviction into question.”

4. 13th (Documentary)

Description: “An in-depth look at the prison system in the United States and how it reveals the nation’s history of racial inequality.”

5. Freaks and Geeks (1 season)

Description: “A high school mathlete starts hanging out with a group of burnouts while her younger brother navigates his freshman year.”

6. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (3 seasons)

Description: A woman is rescued from a doomsday cult and starts life over again in New York City.”

7. Girl Boss (1 season)

Description: “Sophia, a misfit, discovers a passion for fashion, becoming an unlikely businesswoman in the process. As her business grows, however, she has to learn to cope with life as her own boss.”

8. Sense 8 (2 seasons)

Description: “A group of people around the world are suddenly linked mentally, and must find a way to survive being hunted by those who see them as a threat to the world’s order.”

9. Tangerine (movie)

Description: “A working girl tears through Tinseltown on Christmas Eve searching for the pimp who broke her heart.”

10. Chelsea (2 seasons)

Description: “Chelsea Handler interviews a number of celebrities, academics and professionals in her new show on Netflix.”

11. Black Mirror (3 seasons)

Description: “A television anthology series that shows the dark side of life and technology.”

12. The Fundamentals of Caring (movie)

Description: “A man suffering an incredible amount of loss enrolls in a class about care-giving that changes his perspective on life.”

Enjoy,

HCXO

21 years old. Social media manger for HerCampus IUP. Comm media major. Photography, flannels, iced coffee, dogs, feminism, and dairy-free ice cream.