Why You Should Binge Watch New Girl on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Sometimes you need something easy to watch and you just can’t bring yourself to watch The Office for the five millionth time. New Girl is a sitcom that has similar feelings to The Office and Parks and Rec, but gives you something new to watch. It’s funny, has romance, and will make you wish you were living in LA with a multitude of roommates. However, if you’re not convinced yet, here are a few reasons that might make you want to watch it.

No one seems to have their life together

Much like how we feel right now in college, it’s a nice reminder that adulthood is a mess too.

It’s hilarious

They get themselves into the most absurd situations and use solutions that may make you roll your eyes, but you’ll be laughing.

The romance

Whether you have a partner or not, you can still live vicariously through the romantic drama.

Nick Miller

He may not be the buff, hot model that everyone hopes for, but he’s still pretty amazing and wishing you had your own Nick Miller.

Schmidt

Despite all the money that he puts in the “douchebag jar,” he’s still the best guy friend that anyone can hope for. 

So if you’re looking for something that will make you regret staying up to binge-watch it, this is the show for you. Friendship and romance, highs and lows, this show will make you wish you had a group of friends like this that just as weird, but still have your back when you need them to. Happy binge-watching!

Gabrielle Bonnar is a current undergrad student at IUP who enjoys writing for HerCampus. She enjoys writing articles as a way to express her opinions and experiences throughout her life. Also, this acts as an outlet for her to write about new interests and ideas that she might not be able to express as well through her other artistic mediums. Being a member of Her Campus has strenghtened her abilities as a writer and she is excited to see where this portfolio of pieces takes her in the future. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter at @typical_guby.