Upcoming TV and Movie Entertainment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Colbert to replace Letterman:

Recently David Letterman has announced that he will retire from hosting the Late Show. Letterman has spent 32 years hosting late night television, split between the CBS Show and NBC’s Late Night. He will be succeeded by Stephen Colbert, who will take over next year as the CBS Late Show host.

Source: BBC News

Goonies 2 in the Works:

According to the original director of the film, a sequel to Goonies is in our future. Not much is known about it, but director Richard Donner hopes to have all of the original cast come back for the film. Reactions to this news is very mixed, as many think that he is messing with a childhood classic.

Source: The Mary Sue

Captain America 2 Sets New Record:

If you haven’t seen Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, I have to assume that you’re in the minority. Setting a new record for a movie opening in April in the United States, Captain America has pulled in $96 million in its opening weekend alone for Marvel.

Source: BBC News

How to Train Your Dragon 2 New Trailer:

Check it out here!

Ice dragons and baby dragons and bad guys galore! The newest and latest trailer for Dreamworks’ sequel gives us an in-depth look at the new and upcoming movie. How to Train Your Dragon 2 will be released this summer, on June 13th.

Source: The Indie Wire

Hey all! My name's Cat, and I'm a proud English major at IUP campus, with a minor in Woman's studies, and maybe even Asian studies too if I can manage it. I'm not nearly as much of a workaholic as that makes me sound like though, I promise. I'm a huge nerd, thanks to my daddy, so when I'm not writing or reading you can catch me watching eclectic shows, playing strange games, and discussing why each of my friends is which superhero. My biggest vice is coffee, my favorite sport is marathon reading, and my favorite color is yellow, in case any of you lovely people really wanted to know. Feel free to contact me at any time, even just to chat! <3