This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Just tried Crumbl Cookies and let’s just say I am not a fan …

Around 2022, a fairly new cookie business franchise started to gain popularity for its soft, flavorful creations. With the new age of social media, Crumbl Cookies was able to effectively advertise their cookies on various apps and many influencers began hyping up the business.

Flash forward to 2024, when many more Crumbl Cookie locations opened up, I was finally able to try them. Because of the way this place was promoted, and my love for cookies, I was excited to try! Upon my excitement, I was not able to predict what disappointment I had.

Crumbl Cookies has a variety of flavors and cooks batches of a few flavors throughout the week, switching them out with other options every week. Many of the cookies also have icing on them, which I have not seen on most cookies. The texture is less of your typical cookie, as it is softer (almost like a brownie) and less crispy. Compared to other cookie shops, it is definitely a unique recipe.

Out of all their flavors, I was able to try four: cake batter, cinnamon swirl, milk chocolate chip, and sugar cookie. In my opinion, the best one I tried was the standard chocolate chip. The cake batter had an artificial taste and was honestly not enjoyable. I can say the same for the cinnamon, as it was a better cookie but still wasn’t giving natural cinnamon flavoring either, which should be expected as this is an actual natural flavor. The sugar cookie was alright, but not memorable for sure. Unfortunately, the icing on top was the saving point for most of these flavors. These cookies also make it hard to eat the whole thing, they are so sweet and filling! Although these cookies are not small, it is nearly $5 for one cookie, so it is more of a special treat to eat one of these. I rate these altogether a 3 out of five stars, being generous.

Overall, if you like more of a soft cookie, almost like a cakey texture, you may enjoy this type of cookie more than me. Although not the worst, I cannot see myself at this shop anytime soon. Anywho, let me know what you think of Crumbl Cookies!

Cyprus Morgue is a sincere, dreamy student at IUP who writes articles on whatever they feel drawn to at the time.