This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Since its entering spooky realms, I thought it would be a good idea to tell you my top three Halloween-y movies. These movies are all family-friendly and super cute. I always watched them as a kid.

1. Labyrinth

Labyrinth is my all-time favorite movie! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched it and I never get tired of it. It is about a girl that is tired of always having to babysit her brother and she reads this book about the goblin king. She gets really upset and asks the goblin king to take her brother, so he does. She has to go through his maze before time runs out and the baby stays with him forever.

PC: thelist.com

2. Hocus Pocus

If you have seen Hocus Pocus and say you don’t like it, you’re a liar. What’s not to like?? If you haven’t, I’ll tell you a bit about it. So basically, this guy “summons” the witches as a joke and they actually appear and try to suck the life out of kids for their youth and the guys and his sister have to stop the witches before they kill all of the kids in Salem. It has good humor and is family-friendly!

PC: cals.org

3. Halloweentown

This family fun movie is so cute to cuddle up to and watch with the family. With a girl who doesn’t know her grandmother is a witch to going to her town and seeing it’s all Halloween themed to discovering herself as a witch, this movie is all kinds of cute. Her mom wanted to hide that side of their life from them to protect them from the evil but then when evil strikes she may be the only one to be able to save the town.

PC: refinery29.com

Alicia is an aspiring doctor. She intends to graduate from IUP in 2022 and attend Medical School directly after to become a medical doctor specializing in pediatrics. She enjoys watching movies, hanging with friends, and community service. She is a dog lover and has a pug names Porky that makes her smile on her worst days. Family is everything to her as you probably have read.