On Sunday, when I turned on the Puppy Bowl, my dog Tess sat on the couch next to me and stared at the TV. Here’s what I think may have been going through her mind at that time.
- “I don’t really know what ‘rescue’ means, but Chey tells me that I was one too.”
Tess was adopted from “Cross Your Paws Rescue” in 2019. Rescuing a dog was the greatest thing my family has ever done, and she’s been my best friend ever since.
- “Woah, some of them look like me…”
The Puppy Bowl features many mixed breeds. We still aren’t 100% sure what breeds came together to make Tess, so it makes sense that some of the pups share her features.
- “…and Chunky Monkey looks like my sister, Poppy.”
A dog named Chunky Monkey that played during the bowl was part chow chow. Our other dog, Poppy, is a chow.
- “There’s so many toys!”
Tess could have that many toys if she didn’t consistantly destroy hers.
- “That water looks delicious…”
Tess has an obsession with drinking water. This is probably why it took her a year and a half to stop going potty in the house.
- “…the placement of the bowls seems kinda dangerous though.”
Tess knows firsthand how much it hurts to accidentally step in a hole (though, in her case, she’s the one who digs them).
- “I like watching TV with Chey.”
I like watching with you too, little buddy!