Life > High School

Thank You For The Happiest Year Of My Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Dear Kaylee,

Thank you for the happiest year of my life.

Where to start. Just know that I am so proud of everything you accomplished. You graduated high school, and currently are in nursing school. I’m proud that you have found someone to treat you right. I am proud that you were able to accomplish these things with your dad as your angel. I am proud that you were in my life, even though you’re not anymore.

We spent every day together our senior year. When I wasn’t at school with you, I went to your house. I stayed the night. I came over to swim. That house holds a lot of memories and I was heartbroken that someone else is there now. I remember the things we use to do and how much trouble we would’ve gotten into. I remember how we used to make late night McDonalds runs or have a certain someone get it for us. I remember how genuine my friendship was to you. When we went on our alternative senior trip. How we made cheese filled pretzels. How we blasted music to make your trash neighbors mad. I remember how even if we were left heartbroken, we had each other to pick each other up.

I went to college and you went to college. Once I started getting friends after waiting two months with only you by my side, I got selfish. I didn’t take into account your feelings. I didn’t take into account that we were both alone and when I hung out with them more and you less, you felt how I had felt. I regret that every day. I got to the point where all I had was you and I didn’t fully have you because you were so far away from me. When I got Alyson, Christyn, and Anthony I finally felt accepted and loved and I slowly pulled away. I regret making up to you. You made mistakes too. While I actually made friends, you would post on your story and spam account that I was a shitty friend and I never talked to you anymore. I was so tired of feeling hurt that I blocked you and that’s how it ended. How stupid can someone be to give up the truest thing they had. I was hurt because I felt like nothing, I felt like you wouldn’t have cared if I was gone since you already were mad at me.

I thought that we would make up like we always did. We fought and made up its what friends do. I never thought that I would lose you forever. I think about you every single day. I think about how you’re doing, your mom, your grandma, Allison, Maya. I care about you and I want what I’ve always wanted. You to be happy, succeed in life, and make your dad prouder than he’s ever been as you become a nurse. I think about the memories we had. How we were inseparable. I will never find another Kaylee. You were one of a kind. Just know, I still love you and think about you every day. Every single day. I pray that you are okay and your family is okay. I check up on your Facebook to make sure you are alright. I miss our times together. Its probably not mutual but it’s okay because I know in your heart you feel the same way. Our friendship was real and isn’t something that you can just throw away.

I will always be here for you and love you.

Love, Alicia.

Alicia is an aspiring doctor. She intends to graduate from IUP in 2022 and attend Medical School directly after to become a medical doctor specializing in pediatrics. She enjoys watching movies, hanging with friends, and community service. She is a dog lover and has a pug names Porky that makes her smile on her worst days. Family is everything to her as you probably have read.