Take Me Out to the Ball Game: How to Get Exactly What You Want in Bed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

It’s the bottom of the ninth, all bases loaded, two outs, down by one, and a hot batter steps up to the plate. He takes a deep breath, ready to hit it out of the park. The crowd is riled in anticipation, and he swings at the pitch. It was a phenomenal hit and it looks like it is going to go into the stands.

But wait! Here comes the outfielder. And he catches it.

The game ends and the crowd, who was just screaming with excitement seconds ago, are now sulking with disappointment.

Does this situation sound anything like your sex life? Everything is in place, but your man keeps striking out? You get worked up only to be let down? Well, it’s time you stop accepting losses and start racking in some wins.

But how do you get exactly what you want in bed? Read on to learn how to make your man the MVP in your bedroom.

In the Dugout

Like with everything, practice makes perfect (and I don’t think I know a guy who would be opposed to sex practice) so that’s exactly what you need to do. You might not even know what you want in bed, you just know that whatever you’re getting isn’t quite hitting the spot. Eventually, you will learn what works for you. So don’t be afraid to experiment and try different things.

Not many guys are going to pass up a girl who says, “Let’s try something new!” when it comes to sex. Once you figure out what feels best, you will be able to know exactly what it is that you want in bed; and therefore, you will be able to get that from your man.

“Of course I’m always up for something new with a girl. That way we can figure out what works and feels good for each other,” says Anthony, IUP sophomore.

Don’t be afraid to experiment in the bedroom to figure out what you want, because many guys are all for trying new things and making sure your experience in bed is as good as theirs.

[pagebreak]

Step up to the Plate

Once you figure out what it is that you want, the next thing to do is tell your man exactly what that is. Sadly, most women are afraid to do this. According to an article in Cosmopolitan, women think telling a man she wants them to do something different in bed will hurt their feelings. But I’m here to tell you that if you do it the right way, it will not kill your mans’ sexual ego.

Every player needs a warm up, and a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone either. When you are fooling around with your man, say something as simple as, “I love when you do that.” Not only will he continue to use that move or technique, but it also gives him a confidence boost, so he doesn’t actually realize you are hinting at the fact that he is not the best in the sack (yet!).

For the opposite situation, if he does something that doesn’t turn you on, speak up! If you don’t say anything and pretend to enjoy it, he will most likely continue to do it because he thinks it is working. He isn’t a mind reader, so help him out by just being straightforward.

“I’d rather a girl just tell me that I should do something different than just pretend it’s good. I want it to be as good for her as it is for me; so don’t be afraid to tell me what to do. It’s hot when a girl takes charge and knows what she wants,” says Mike, IUP junior.

So there you have it, Mike speaks for a lot of men who find it hot when a girl takes charge in the sheets.

Slide into Home

All of this experimenting, practicing, and coaching will eventually pay off. Before you know it, you will be getting exactly what you want in bed. Just take the reigns and say, “let me show you what I want.” Your man shouldn’t reject an opportunity to watch you take control.

The more pitches you throw, the more chances of your man hitting a grand slam. Keep being insistent, and continue to let him know what is good and what is bad. Soon enough, you will get exactly what you want in bed, and it will feel like you just won the World Series.

Picture sources:

http://l3.yimg.com

http://cdn.sheknows.com

http://images.idiva.com

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.