Spring Break Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Well, Spring Break is right around the corner and unlike the pictures and fantasies depicted by Hollywood, most of us will not be jetting off to exotic lands or spending our time topless chugging margaritas on the beaches of Florida. So, how will you spend your time this spring break without breaking the bank? This comprehensive list of activities will be sure to get you busy and save you from the nagging of your parents!

1. Go for a hike. – Lookup different nature reserves and hiking trails in your area.
  2. Go to the matinee showing of a movie. Check out what’s in theaters and go to a day time showing, much cheaper than going to see a night time premier
  3. Treat yourself to a manicure. Its spring break, you deserve a it.
  4. Get coffee with a friend.  Too often we get caught up in our busy lives, take some time and enjoy some conversation over a cup of java.
  5. Be a tourist. Go do all the tourist things in your town or nearby city, visit the museum you’ve never been to or the ‘Paint a Plate’ you’ve never had time for.
  6. Pick up a guilty pleasure book. I bet you haven’t read ALL the Nicholas Spark’s books, so why not give it a try now, its spring break!
  7. Visit your favorite restaurant. Take a girlfriend, a boyfriend, a sibling, a parent or just go by yourself but go ahead and indulge in your favorite place and food.
  8. Pinterest Crafts. Ever see a video of a certain food you want to make or a weird slime or a pretty picture frame on Pinterest or from a Facebook video? Well now is your time to go for it, try it out!
  9. Go for a drive. Enjoy the scenery of your hometown.
  10. Movie marathon. Watch all the Harry Potter movies and then watch them again because why not!

Cats and Caffeine are key.