Some of the weirdest pumpkin spice things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Fall is in full swing and we all know what that means: Pumpkin. Spice. EVERYTHING.  Now, there are obviously many things that work pretty well with pumpkin (most sweets for example), but certain things just take it too far.  I’ve compiled a short list of things that are disturbingly pumpkin spice flavored. 

*Photo Creds are below each photo

1. Pringles

Ah yes, because when I want a chip, the first flavor I think of is pumpkin.  This would be the weirdest taste ever.  Who thought this was a good idea?

Joel Kramer

2. Coconut Milk

This one sort of makes sense, but it still seems weird to me.  I’m on the fence in regards to coconut milk anyway.  I also don’t know how the flavors coconut and pumpkin would blend. But hey, it’s dairy free and I’m all for anything dairy free so I think this one would be worth giving a try.

BeckyCortino

3. Chicken Sausage

Alright this is just getting ridiculous.  I mean I know certain sweet things are good on sausage, like syrup for example.  But I do not understand the appeal here.  Also what would you eat this with?  I feel like the only option would be pancakes, because if you tried to eat this with anything savory I think it would be really weird.

Mike Mozart

4. Greek yogurt

Um, nope, not for me.  I’ve noticed there’s a wide variety of greek yogurt flavors out there.  And I mean a lot of the fruit flavors work, but I cant see something like this working.  I think it would be too sickening sweet for me.  It’s like the time I tried the chocolate mousse yogurt, something was just off and I feel like this would be the same.

Mike Mozart

5. Hummus

Alright, this one takes the cake for me.  I hate hummus to begin with, but even if I didn’t, I don’t see how this could be a good idea.  I can’t imagine any sweet hummus tasting good.  This is so bizarre.

Paul Roth

Now I realize that this is my opinion, and since I haven’t tried any of these things I can’t attest to how they actually taste.  So I want to know, have any of you tried any of these, and if so how were they? Honestly I’m dying to know!

Stay basic everyone.

HCXO

Hi, I'm Payton and I am one of the Campus correspondents for Her Campus IUP! I am a Sophomore Vocal Performance major here at IUP, and I hope to go on to graduate school for choral conducting. I love dancing, acting, and enjoy listening to all kinds of music. In my free time I enjoy, being on social media, watching Netflix, reading and spending time with friends.