This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I honestly don’t know how to feel about this “cinematic masterpiece” but to each their own. I don’t know if I should be one of the girlies that ran to their bedroom nightstand after or to internally cringe but it was hot in a weird way… I was stressed the whole time but it was also beautifully crafted. If I forced my boyfriend to watch it you gotta be forced to read about it so let’s talk about a couple of scenes that had me sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. SPOILER ALERT if you haven’t seen the movie!!

A song that feels like this movie: https://open.spotify.com/track/7qshYIOUFQAGgYfWXg1m9N?si=da247c7287a74f8e

the bathtub scene:

I feel like this scene is the most talked about scene in the movie so of course I gotta start with it. So basically to premise the bathtub water was a little salty *wink wink* but Oliver (Barry Keoghan) comes into the bathroom while Felix (Jacob Elordi) is gone and Oliver puts his head into the draining bath and there isn’t even an inch of water left near the drain. And he basically hits the drain with a little *slurp slurp* iykyk. Oliver acted like that was the last few drops of water on the whole planet and was chugging what remained down. He was into it so I guess I can’t kink shame the man. The whole time I feel like he’s going to get caught but never does. What a breath of fresh air, I guess?

The grave scene:

I feel like this scene was crazyyyy. Knowing after the movie that it was unscripted throws me for a loop but go you Oliver. Like get into it king. This scene was literally so left-field. I felt like it was heartbreaking at first but as the movie played on it got more and more intense. After Felix passes away (murdered :O) he goes and lays on Felix’s grave out of sadness that his one true love has passed or that’s what I thought… Oliver slowly undresses and really is feeling it *no words* but he’s literally getting into it. That’s all I gotta say really. Scene left my literally mouth dry because I was in so much shock. Like bestie no…

Vampire scene:

The vampire scene is between Oliver and Venetia (Alison Oliver) one of the more unhinged scenes. This scene made my literally jaw drop to the floor. I felt uncomfortable at first but it was kinda sexy I won’t lie. I felt like TikTok really overly prepared me for a lot of the other scenes but not this one. I don’t even recall this one being mentioned. But Venetia is in the garden at night and Oliver approaches her. Venetia is in a see-through night gown and Oliver takes the invite to you know get it on with her. Venetia tries to say she is on her monthly girlhood and Oliver hits her with the “I’m a vampire” what the actual – . But still, he goes down and is all into taking absolute control of the whole situation. ;) But this scene truly did something to me. Some girlies would state that if he wanted to he would.

~~~~~

There are more kinda unhinged scenes but I feel these really take the cake. Oliver really has a turning point maybe midway through the movie where you start to get a feel and understand what’s happening. The narrative of the movie keeps throwing us watchers all over the place and sometimes it really throws us for a loop. Sometimes when it was throwing us for loops it really messed with our minds in a way (psychologically stunning.) It leaves us wanting more or that there were so many questions unanswered. The worst part is realizing the symbolism of how scared Oliver was originally. Oliver was really just a master manipulator and at the very end of the movie they show us that. Oliver basically planned everything so meticulously. I think it’s ironic because from my memory he is in school for literature or something along those lines and he’s basically just writing his own story here. Like Oliver was out here being a leech and basically was eating up the rich (is he slaying or am I delulu again.) But a cringey masterpiece if I say so myself.

HERCAMPUS at IUP. Psychology & Criminology Major. Class of 2025. Active member in PGN. Book nerd! Creating a life, I love.