This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

If you’re anything like me, I always have a hard time shopping for people during the holiday season. I never know what to get people, and when I do, I’m always scared that they are going to hate what I give them or they are just going to return it. When I don’t know what to get them, I usually just stick to one these simple go-to gift ideas.

Gift cards

Gift cards are one of the easiest go-to Christmas gift ideas that I like to go with. There are endless kinds of gift cards you can get, whether that be for someone’s favorite restaurant, coffee shop, store, or you can even purchase a visa gift card that they can use anywhere and everywhere. With the amount of options you can pick from for the person that you are shopping for, there is guaranteed to be a perfect gift card for them and they will be so grateful you got them one!

Blankets

You can never have too many blankets! Blankets are so comfortable and so easy to buy and they make a great Christmas gift. I know that every time I get a blanket as a present, it always makes me so happy and I can’t wait to take it home and snuggle up with it. They make a great addition to any room of the house, and there are so many different designs and sizes that you can pick from for the person that you’re shopping for!

CAndles

Candles are another great Christmas present. During the winter months when it’s really cold, candles are a great way to warm up the rooms and make a room smell amazing. You can put them in any room in your house or apartment, whether that be in a bathroom, living area, or the bedroom. There are so many different scents to pick from too. You can pick a more traditional scent or you can add some extra Christmas cheer to your gift by picking a Christmas scent. Candles are a simple, but amazing gift to give to whoever you’re shopping for.

Christmas shopping for people can be really stressful and overwhelming, but these go-to gift ideas can make your shopping a little less stressful and these gift ideas will make anyone on your list grateful for them!

Michaela is a writer on the Her Campus team at IUP and is also on the social media team creating posts on the Instagram. At IUP, Michaela is majoring in Nursing, with the goal of becoming a travel nurse after she graduates. She is a sophomore and is expected to graduate in 2026. She is also a member of Theta Phi Alpha, a social sorority at IUP. In her free time, Michaela enjoys reading, crocheting, and spending time outdoors. She also enjoys going to the gym and walking her dog. She loves to listen to rock and pop punk music and enjoys attending concerts.