Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

My Favorite Characters From Gilmore Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I have watched the Gilmore Girl series probably about 4 or 5 times; it’s my favorite show. People consider it a ‘Fall show’, meaning it’s the perfect show to watch around this time of year. Here are a few of my favorite characters and why I like them.

1. Lorelai Gilmore

I think Lorelai is one of the best people in the show, which makes sense since it is about her and her daughter. Her character development is so good in my opinion. Yes, there was a few times she wasn’t the best but those moments is what made Lorelai her. She was a good mother, a good business woman, and a good friend.

2. Luke Danes

Luke was different, but in a good way. The way he cared for Lorelai and Rory was heartwarming. He was always there for them, without them even asking him to be. He was sort of like a father figure to Rory, and would drop everything if one of them needed him. His sarcasm is one of the best parts of the show. His and Lorelai’s relationship is my favorite, and I rooted for them since the beginning.

3. Richard Gilmore

I loved Richard, he was a big part of the show but he wasn’t a main character. He was so helpful and gave great advice at times. He wasn’t always the best but most of the time he was. He loved and cared for Rory so much. I wish he was there more for Lorelai but she had a tough childhood with them so it’s understandable why their relationship wasn’t stronger. He was a sweet guy though and he has always been one of my favorite characters.

Jordan McDonald is the social media chair at the Her Campus at the IUP chapter. She oversees the social media team and makes sure the team reaches the requirements for the media. Beyond Her Campus, Jordan has done an externship at French Lick Resort for her degree in Baking and Pastry Arts. She is also a member of Eta Sigma Delta, which is a honor society for business students. She is junior at IUP studying Hospitality Management. On top of school and clubs she is in, she works part time. In her free time, Jordan enjoys going to concerts and spending time with her loved ones and her two cats, Pumpkin and Boots. She is a Gilmore Girls fanatic and is a big follower of Harry Styles and Taylor Swift. Jordan encourages everyone to treat others with kindness because you never know what someone is going through.