This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.
Taylor Swift

With the recent release of 1989 Taylor’s Version, Taylor Swift is killing the music industry right now. Whether it be with the release of an album, or any other day, Taylor Swift is my go-to girl if I want to listen to music (which is every second, of every day). To prove my point, I have listened to Taylor Swift for about 30,000 minutes so far this year, which is almost 21 consecutive days. Some of my favorite albums right now include: 1989 (Taylor’s Version), folklore, and evermore!

Noah kahan

If you are looking for a new and upcoming alternative artist, Noah Kahan is your guy! Being recently nominated for a Grammy, Noah Kahan is just starting his journey! One of my go-to albums recently has been Stick Season (We’ll All Be Here Forever) which includes so many amazing songs for whatever mood you are feeling. He has also re-released some of these songs in collaboration with singers like Post Malone, Lizzy McAlpine, Kasey Musgraves, Zach Bryan, and Hozier!

Harry Styles

Harry Styles is an artist that I have to be in the mood for, and recently I have been loving his self-titled album that he released back in 2017. I feel like those songs are so underrated, and I would highly recommend them to anyone! I have also really been enjoying his most recent album Harry’s House, which is no doubt an amazing album, but even better once you continue listening to it!

gracie abrams

In addition to Noah Kahan being nominated for a Grammy, Gracie Abrams has also received her first nomination! I have listened to Gracie Abrams since she released a single titled ‘I miss you, I’m sorry’ back in 2020, but once she opened at The Eras Tour I really started to get into her music. As of right now she has 3 albums out, and they are honestly all amazing. Her first album minor, her second This Is What It Feels Like, and her most recent Good Riddance. Gracie’s songs are songs that tend to be more on the sad side of things, but they have beautiful lyrics and the songs are just so good.

renee rapp

If you are in your Broadway phase, or have ever been in one, you definitely need to listen to Renee Rapp! Renee will be playing Regina George in new and upcoming Mean Girls Musical Movie that comes out in January of 2024! Renee made her debut on Broadway by being casted as Regina George in Mean Girls from 2019-2020. Once she was off of Broadway, she began acting, and then got back into singing. She has released 2 albums, her EP titled Everything to Everyone, and her most recent album Snow Angel. Both of these albums are amazing, and I highly recommend!

Mikenna McFadden is a member of the HerCampus IUP chapter, and her writing varies across the entertainment aspect of news. Mikenna is also apart of the social media team, where she posts relatable content on the club's TikTok account! At IUP, Mikenna is expected to graduate in the Spring of 2027. In Mikenna's free time she enjoy reading romance books, watching movies, and listening to music. Some of her favorite singers include Taylor Swift, Gracie Abrams, Renee Rapp, Olivia Rodrigo, and Noah Kahan! Mikenna is a huge fan of all of these things, and they spark a lot of her inspiration for her articles!